Nuneaton RFC invite boys and girls, currently in Year 2 at school, to play non-contact rugby in a fun and friendly environment. New members, of all abilities, are welcome at any time during the season, but the season starts in September and finishes in April.
The Under 7s enjoy a mixture of training and friendly games against other clubs. We start the season by building on the rugby skills gained in the Rugger Rats (age 4-6) section. New players will soon pick up the basics, as the coaches create a safe and enjoyable atmosphere to learn the game.
When is training?
We train at home most Sundays between 10.30am and 12.00pm from September onwards. Please arrive at 10.15am to allow us time to get the players prepared with their equipment.
Do we play matches against other teams?
Yes. During the season we have home and away fixtures against other clubs within our area. Occasionally we will attend tournaments where several teams will take part in a friendly non-competitive event. You can find fixtures on this website.
We train players on the basics of tag rugby.
The coaching team will focus on improving players-
How is Tag Rugby for Under 7s different to other ages?
- Team numbers - 3 or 4 players-a-side
- Small Pitches - Maximum pitch size is 20 metres x 12 metres
- Smaller Balls - Size 3
- Scoring - By scoring a try - Players are not permitted to go to ground to score tries
- Passing – The ball must be passed backwards or sideways, not forwards
- Play can continue from a knock-on
- No tackling and players must remain on their feet
- No kicking, scrums or lineouts
Get in touch!
Please contact us via this website or on Facebook. We are pleased to meet new players and parents during training sessions too.
Come and join The Nuns and give rugby a ‘try’.