Welcome to the home age of Nuneaton RFC Under 8s.
The Under 8s coaching team provide a fun, friendly and safe environment for players to enjoy learning the basics of tag rugby. We welcome boys and girls to come and play non-contact rugby on Sunday mornings.
We invite all players from the previous years Under 7s to join us again and always welcome new payers with a smile and some help to get them involved in training.
When is training?
You will find us training at home on Sundays, whenever we do not have fixtures. We normally train from 10.30 to 12.00, depending on the conditions and the training plans. Please arrive a bit earlier so that we are ready for a prompt start.
During the season we have games both at home and away against teams in our region. Please see the fixtures section of the website for more information or contact the Team Manager.
The rules of Tag Rugby for Under 8s
- Team consist of 5 or 6 players
- Rolling substitutions can be made at anytime
- Maximum pitch size is 45 metres x 22 metres
- We use the size 3 Ball
- Players score tries by grounding the ball (with downward pressure) beyond the opponents’ goal line
- Players are permitted to go to ground to score tries (unlike Under 7s where they must remain on their feet
- No tackling
- Players cannot kick the ball
- There are no scrums or lineouts
- Play is restarted with a free pass
Do not hesitate to contact the club if you want your child to play rugby. The first few training sessions are totally free, so drop by and give it a ‘try’.
You can also find us on Facebook – search for Nuneaton RFC Under 8s.
We hope to see you pitch-side very soon.