Welcome to the Nuneaton Under 11s website. The coaching team at The Nuns train children in Year 6 at school to develop a good understanding of the game. We build upon the core values of the game and create an inclusive environment for all players. Both boys and girls play in the same team at this age group before they split into separate teams at Under 12s.
At this age group, the players are trained in all areas of the game. It is essential that consideration is given to the late specialisation within rugby. Players are not allocated positions or given set responsibilities.
A new element to the game begins as kicking is introduced to start or restart the game following a penalty.
When do we train or play?
Training takes place between 10.30 and 12.00 on Sunday Mornings. The season lasts from the first Sunday in September to the last Sunday in April. We do not train during the summer months.
For the first 4 weeks in September we train at home and welcome new players to drop by and join in. We also accept new registrations throughout the year, but please contact the team manager to find out when we are training at home.
The basic rules for Under 11s
- Maximum of 9 players in each side
- Maximum pitch size is 60 metres x 43 metres
- Size 4 ball
- Playing times: Maximum of 20 minutes in each half
- Introduction of the contested strike in the scrum – Hookers must strike for the ball but there is no pushing in the scrum
- The nearest 3 players make the scrum with all players being trained to participate.
- Contest for the ball in rucks and mauls (2 players v 2 players)
- Introduction of tactical kicking and kicking restarts
- Rolling subs can be used throughout the game
Want to know more?
If you need any further advice or to chat to one of the team do not hesitate to contact us. You can find us on Facebook or call them team manager for advice.